Friends of the hospital
May 23, 2019
The Peel Health Campus (PHC) volunteer group, Friends of the Hospital, has about 150 members.
The volunteers perform a range of duties, including:
- sitting at the ‘welcome’ desk and providing information and directions to patients and visitors
- accompanying patients from the admissions area to the Day Procedure Unit and ward areas
- raising funds from sales at the kiosk and via the “lolly trolley”
- driving renal patients to and from the hospital for treatment
- making up admission/comfort packs for patients
- simply spending time with patients in hospital just to chat.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at PHC, please complete an application form, which is available at the hospital reception.