Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing you with the highest standards of care from pre admission to discharge.
Submitting your admission form
To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
Fill in the online admission form, or
Complete an Admission Information Booklet, available from your doctor or from the hospital, and send it to us as soon as possible.
You will need the following information to complete these forms:
- Personal/Next of Kin details
- Medicare Card
- Funding details (eg DVA, Private health insurance, workcover or self funding) if applicable
- Benefit details (eg pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- Item numbers and any information about prosthetics and disposables if you have been advised of these by your doctor
Checking your health fund cover (private patients only)
Please contact your health fund to confirm your cover as soon as possible. Depending on your insurer and your level of cover, you may have out of pocket expenses (such as excess or copayment etc). All costs need to be paid prior to admission.
Ask your doctor about your medications and what to take before and during your hospital stay.
Confirming your admission time
Your surgeon will advise admission time for day of surgery. If there are changes to the admission time, you will be contacted by the PHC Operating Theatre the day prior.
Pre admission Clinic
Your doctor may ask you to attend our Pre admission clinic. To make an appointment, please call 08 9531 8557.
The purpose of the pre admission clinic visit is to:
- Obtain a thorough medical and surgical history and review medications
- Conduct blood tests, X-rays, ECG and other investigations
- Have relevant allied health professionals, such as dietician, physiotherapist or social worker, assess your needs
- Provide information about the surgical procedure and recovery process
- Arrange for your discharge home or to rehabilitation
- Understand your needs and answer your questions
If you are scheduled to attend, please bring with you:
- A list of your current medications
- Current X-rays
- Doctors’ letters
- Past medical history from your general practitioner
Patient Information brochure
Orthopaedic Surgical Prophylaxis