Plans for PHC ED upgrade unveiled
Aug 07, 2019
The Premier the Hon. Mark McGowan MLA, the Minister for Health the Hon. Roger Cook MLA and local members Robyn Clarke MLA and David Templeman MLA have visited Peel Health Campus (PHC) to unveil plans for the upgrade to the hospital’s Emergency Department (ED).
Ramsay Health Care Australia Chief Executive Officer, Danny Sims also attended the event.
The $5 million State Government funded ED upgrades will include:
- reconfiguration of the existing triage area to improve patient privacy and comfort, and facilitate early senior medical review;
- expansion of the ED waiting room;
- a new fast-track ambulatory area to improve patient experience and separation from the main ED floor;
- new holding bays designed for more privacy for patients awaiting inpatient admission, and;
- the addition of seven beds to the short stay unit to further streamline patient flow from the ED.
The PHC ED Construction is expected to commence in early February 2020 with an estimated completion date of August 2020.
In addition to these works, the hospital’s car park will be expanded by 225 bays by November 2019.