To make sure we provide you with the best care possible we recommend you meet the midwives responsible for your care and will invite you to attend the hospital for an interview with a midwife between 20 and 24 weeks gestation. Please ring the hospital to arrange an appointment on (08) 9531 8230.
Please bring your doctor’s notes and pregnancy information with you. If you have had an ultrasound or blood test prior to attending the hospital please bring the results to your first appointment.
The midwife will book you into the hospital, discuss childbirth preparation classes and provide you with the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have.
What to bring into hospital
- Your health insurance details (if applicable)
- Three packets of sanitary pads – no tampons
- One packet of nursing pads
- Toiletry items
- Casual wear for day time
- Dressing gown
- Slippers/comfortable shoes
- Bras (well-fitting nursing bras if breastfeeding)
- Mobile phones can be used in certain areas. Please consider others and use vibration mode instead of ring tone.
For your labour (optional)
- A night gown/T-shirt or similar to wear in labour
- Aromatherapy oils
- Shower cap
- Glucose lollies to suck (for an energy boost in labour)
- Massage oil
- Lip balm
For your baby
- Formula, bottles and cleaning brush (if you plan to bottle feed)
- 2 packets of newborn nappies
- 1 container of nappy wipes
- One going home outfit for baby
Your car will need to have an approved car seat or capsule fitted for your journey home.